Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On the spot . . .

Lately, I've been obsessed with the Onion's headlines. They're always witty, to the point and absolutely spot-on. Some recent faves include
Tiger Woods Announces Return to Sex
Intelligent, Respectable Women Across Globe Inexplicably Excited For Figure Skating
Sports: Senator Dikembe Mutombo Blocks Record Amount Of Legislation

Today I was reminded of the other news source in the U.S. that is as spot-on as the Onion: Jon Stewart. I'm probably the last person to get into a health care argument right now (for the record: I'm for reform, but I don't know what kind), so I'll let Jon Stewart do it for me.

I also recently learned of some health-care horror stories that were recounted on a friend's Facebook status update, a simple complaint that was hijacked into a long thread of people's frustrations with the current health care system. It just doesn't seem like the Man in D.C. pays attention to the man in the rest of the country.

So here is one of Stewart's takes on health care reform. Full disclosure: it's a trap.

[Update: Here's ANOTHER timely Onion headline for a fake op-ed from a Senator featured in the piece below: My Constituents Care Way More About Political Gamesmanship Than Jobs, Health Care, And The Economy ]

UPDATE: Damn you Hulu and Comedy Central, why can't you just play nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment